After attending the conference, the target audience should be able to:
• Recognize signs/ symptoms of burnout in physicians.
• Develop keener insight into its impact on health care and patient outcomes.
• Recognize pitfalls and manage self-worth.
• Develop / strengthen resilience and diminish the impact of burnout, hence, promoting physician well-being.
• Be able to self-assess for strengths and improvement opportunities.
EARN CME HOURS
The organization of the CME and structure therein allows a flow that will provide the attendees opportunities to gain skills and elasticity in transitioning back and forth between professional and personal realms of skill implementation, gaining more than work/ life balance; working toward the goal of work/ life integration:
• Didactic lectures to identify burnout: incidence, symptoms, causes, mitigation, and management.
• Skill building for professional short-cuts and proficiencies to help avoid burnout.
• Breakout session experiences that identify personal skill building techniques to facilitate
resiliency, implement coping mechanisms, and decrease stress.
Katherine Hagan, MD
Imelda Tjia, MD
Baylor, Texas Children's
Alicia Kowalski, MD
Sr. Administrative Assistant
ABOUT OUR PLANNING COMMITTEE
Cal - A - Vie, San Diego, CA
May 15 - 19, 2019
2019 AGENDA PENDING