Katherine Hagan, MD
Imelda Tjia, MD
Baylor, Texas Children's
Alicia Kowalski, MD
Sr. Administrative Assistant
ABOUT OUR PLANNING COMMITTEE
San Diego, CA
May 15 - 19, 2019
2019 AGENDA PENDING
Copyright © Alicia Kowalski. All rights reserved.
After attending the conference, the target audience should be able to:
• Recognize signs/ symptoms of burnout in physicians.
• Develop keener insight into its impact on health care and patient outcomes.
• Recognize pitfalls and manage self-worth.
• Develop / strengthen resilience and diminish the impact of burnout, hence, promoting physician well-being.
• Be able to self-assess for strengths and improvement opportunities.
EARN CME HOURS
The organization of the CME and structure therein allows a flow that will provide the attendees opportunities to gain skills and elasticity in transitioning back and forth between professional and personal realms of skill implementation, gaining more than work/ life balance; working toward the goal of work/ life integration:
• Didactic lectures to identify burnout: incidence, symptoms, causes, mitigation, and management.
• Skill building for professional short-cuts and proficiencies to help avoid burnout.
• Breakout session experiences that identify personal skill building techniques to facilitate
resiliency, implement coping mechanisms, and decrease stress.